Call for Papers
9 & 10 June 2016 - University of Savoie (Chambéry, France)
CALL FOR PAPERS (pdf)
- Deadline for submission of abstracts: Extended: 13 March
- Notification to authors: 6 April 2016
The TOTh conferences aim to assemble researchers, industrialists, practitioners and, in a more general way, everyone whose interests concern terminology, language, and knowledge engineering. The TOTh program committee consists of the most prominent personalities in the domain, representing more than 20 different nationalities. French and English are the official languages.
Themes (Non-exhaustive list):
- theories and methods in terminology,
- harmonisation of terms, harmonisation of concepts,
- standardisation, standards, role of experts,
- terminological commissions,
- erminology planning, terminometry.
- Linguistic approaches:
- language for special purposes, translation, specialized lexicography,
- multilingualism, translation,
- text and discourse theories, lexical semantics,
- usage, variation, collocations, phraseologies in Terminology,
- corpus processing and natural language processing: text mining, extracting terms, extracting knowledge, corpus building, corpus aligning,
- creating and maintaining terminological resources, harmonizing terms and concepts, importance and limitations of corpora,
- theories of meaning, semantics,
- validating the quality of data, the role of experts.
- Knowledge representation:
- terminological principles for building conceptual systems,
- ontology: building, evaluation (quality), maintenance, alignment, merging,
- mono- and multilingual thesauri, library science
- input from artificial intelligence, linguistics, epistemology, formal systems (i.e. description logic),
- languages for knowledge representation and knowledge sharing.
- Applications :
- building and maintaining terminologies, glossaries, dictionaries, ontologies, thesauri,
- computer assisted translation, mono and multilingual content management systems, information retrieval, classification, knowledge management, information systems, etc.
- data sharing (linked and open data), semantic web,
- specialized digital libraries,
- assessing acquisition and manipulation tools, standards in the field of language, terminology and ontology resources.
The 10th international TOTh conference will take place on Thursday 9th and Friday 10th June, 2016 at the University of Savoie (Chambéry, France). On the occasion of this ‘anniversary’ year the focus will be on these two major turning points, i.e. the swing to linguistics and the conceptual renewal, which Terminology has experienced over the last decades.
Opening Talk: « The linguistic turn and the conceptual renewal 10 years after » R. Costa (Universidade Nova de Lisboa), C. Roche (Université Savoie Mont Blanc).
Invited Talk: « Le choix du nom en discours » A. Theissen (Université de Strasbourg)
The ‘Young Researcher’ prize is awarded by the program committee during the conference.